Thursday, September 21, 2017

Chanbara: The end draws nigh!

I have the final bits of feedback I need from my editors. I'm in the process of revising and editing based on it. I should have that done soon.

So it's time for me to get serious about a cover design. I also will need to figure out layout and stuff for print and pdf versions. The pdf will have convenient hyperlinks while the print version will have references to "see page XX".  That should take some time. Luckily, we have a 10 day super-Chuseok holiday this year. Plenty of time to work on this stuff then.

The publishing plan for Chanbara will be a full color pdf version and a color cover/b&w interior print version in soft cover (print on demand). I want to keep the print version as economical as possible. I may put out a full color hardback deluxe edition if people want that, but at less than 70 pages, I don't think many would. I may have a local printer do up some as a vanity project or to send out as thanks for people who helped along the way.

I'm just glad to finally be nearing completion on this. Two of the editors have mentioned maybe publishing mods for the game, one to make it more anime style, another to play up the weird Japan angle. I'm likely to put out an expanded monster book for the game as well as try to work up my play test notes into modules. So hang in there, Chanbara fans! I'm really close to done!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! For cover suggestions, look at https://jungshan.deviantart.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thumbs up! I always had fun in Chunabara land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny enough, when we woke up this morning, my wife asked me what I planned to do during winter vacation. My answer? Get Chanbara published.

    I just need to find time to format it for print and ebook, and I'm done.

    ReplyDelete